Thursday, June 10, 2010

All geared up...

5 weeks of rigorous training...summer school, lesson planning clinics, child development sessions, classroom management sessions, behaviour management sessions, math and language strategies, art and theatre workshops, data tracking and analysis, leadership forums and a lot lot more!! It was a total bombardment of information every minute. I worked my butt out for more than 18 hours a day at institute. But the best thing is I was not cribbing about it at all. For the first time in my life I experienced the joy of having a satisfied sleep every night even after slogging so hard.
Post institute I feel more connected to the Teach For India (www.teachforindia.org) movement. I feel more proud to be a part of this movement. I feel more responsible. I feel happier than I ever was. I also know it is not going to be a cakewalk. I am going to face a new challenge and a new hurdle everyday. But I am all geared up! All geared up to teach my set of 40 kids at a PMC school in Wadgaon Budruk from June 14th. Wish me luck guys :)

2 comments: