Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Flashback to why I am here...

I was in the so called world of I.T. for around 2.5 yrs...lived quite a comfortable life like many other I.T. people...but somewhere I always felt this hollowness inside...something that kept asking me why was I where I was and was I really happy with what I was going? The designation of a Team Leader did make me feel proud...They say if you give your 100% to any job you enjoy it...but for me, inspite of giving my 100% the satisfaction rarely touched my heart...at times I felt trapped at work...it was an endless rat race that was leading nowhere...and as if God heard and saw my restlessness that I happened to see the "Teach for India" add in the newspaper...and the moment I saw its website (www.teachforindia.org) I knew I wanted to be a part of the movement...I applied immediately along with 4000 other applicants...I was surprised to know there were 4000 other young professionals who wanted to change the way India looks, who wanted to do something for educating the underprivileged...I was amongst the fortunate 150(3.75%) people who made it to TFI...my joy knew no bounds when I got an email that I was selected...I resigned from my job the very next hour that I saw this email which gave me a sky, which gave me wings to fly, which made me feel it was time that i soared high...

1 comment:

  1. High Ruhi..
    I am currently a fourth year undergraduate student at NIT Durgapur. I will pass out with a BTech Degree in ECE next year. But I am not really sure what to do next; job, an MBA or TFI.. I am looking for something which grows me as a person and professional in the long term. I love teaching, just love it.. but will joining TFI just as a graduate not hamper my career in long term.. may be I can make a greater impact on the society after establishing my self than trying to make an impact at such an early stage. And how much is the TFI fellowship. Is it enough to call myself employed, requiring NO kind of financial help from my parents after that..??

    ReplyDelete